I absolutely love classical music. Lately I have been indulging in the spectralists: Tristan Murail and Gerard Grisey. They are 20th century French composers who emerged in the 1970's at IRCAM both having studied with Messein.
To me the music is quite freeing.
When I'm listening to music while I work, especially when I paint, I have remember to reign in the feeling I get that I am a genius.
Some examples of how music can reach us:
1. Example of live music: opera
2. Example of music on the radio: broadcast from symphony hall
3. Example of a record: Mozart, Jupiter Symphony, Otto Klemperor conducting the Philharmonic Orchestra
4. Example of a tape recording: Mozart, Symphony #40, Colin Davis conducting the Dresden Staatskapelle
5. Example of a cd recording: Ochegehm Missa Prolationem, Hilliard Ensemble
6. Example of a mp3 download: Radulescu Intimate Rituals
My idea is to put them all together into one giant wall of music.